Microsoft agent is a utility that is installed in your computer. It is used by other programs to provide speech synthesis and animation.
Microsoft Agent is not an
application that you can simply run (like Word or Excel) and have characters do things for
you. Applications and Websites must be specifically programmed to utilize Microsoft
Agent and provide these capabilities for you.
- Windows® 95, Windows 98, Windows NT® 4.0 (x86), Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7
- A Pentium 75-MHz PC (or faster)
- At least 16 MB of RAM
- At least 1 MB free disk space for the core components
- An additional 2-4 MB for each character you install.
- An additional 32K for each language component (dll).
- Preferred but not required - Internet Explorer version 3.02 or later
- An additional 1.6 MB free disk space if you plan to use the Lernout & Hauspie®
TruVoice Text-To-Speech Engine for speech output
- An additional 22 MB free disk space if you plan to use the Microsoft Speech Recognition
Engine for speech input
- A Windows-compatible sound card
- A compatible set of speakers and microphone